Sales tax refunds in disaster areas.

Authors: Representative Terry Goodin


Provides that a person who is the owner of a building that is located in a county declared a disaster area under federal law and that is damaged or destroyed as a result of a disaster occurring after December 31, 2011, is entitled to a refund of the state sales and use tax paid on the purchase of building materials that: (1) are used to repair the building or to construct a new building to replace the damaged or destroyed building; and (2) are purchased after the occurrence of the disaster by the owner of the building or by a contractor that is under contract with the owner.